Monday, August 3, 2009

Hair Loss Solutions

Over the years I have changed hair styles frequently, some styles were very stressful to my hair and scalp. I used relaxers, dyes and products filled with chemicals. However, after years of abusive styles, the wrong products and chemicals my hair started breaking at the crown and it would not grow. After a couple years I went to two dermatologists. One informed me that there was nothing wrong with my scalp but my hair was brittle. I was prescribed a very expensive topical solution that did not work. The other dermatologist told me that my scalp was stressed and something caused me to have some type of fungus on my scalp. My scalp was red, itchy and somewhat scaly. I was prescribed an oral medication and shampoo containing sulfate - a harsh chemical. My hair grew but I still had severe breakage in the crown of my head. It would grow an inch or two and then it would start breaking. My hair was dry & brittle, thin and lifeless. I suffered through this problem about 3 more years. Then I did some research on my own. I found that most commercial brand shampoos contain harsh chemical detergents (Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Propylene Glycol and others) which can cause severe damage to your hair and scalp, and I discovered that almost everyone experience some hair loss due to aging or nutritional deficiencies.

I started using natural and organic shampoos and conditioners (free of sulfates, chemicals, colors, preservatives and synthetic additives). My hair felt different instantly and my scalp started feeling normal and better each time I shampooed. I took wholefood hair vitamins to increase nutrients required for healthy growth, natural omega 3, natural calcium and biotin. I also use organic oils (usually described as essential oil or body oil). I massage these oils into my scalp for hydration and to keep my hair moisturized between shampoos. I drink lots of purified water. My hair is now soft, rebalanced and revitalized. My scalp is now healthy. These products healed my hair and scalp. I still have my hair relaxed by a professional stylist, but I shampoo and condition with all natural organic products in between touch ups to free my scalp of any scaling that may accumulate from the chemical relaxer or commercial products used by my stylist. I also nourish and massage my scalp with organic oil a few times a week before bedtime. I often use Tea Tree Oil. Tea Tree Oil reduces irritation to the scalp, and it helps eliminate the compact scaling on hair and scalp to help promote growth. If you use tea tree oil full strength be sure to use 2 tablespoons of oil to 4 oz. (1/2 cup) of a carrier oil like olive, jojoba, almond or castor to dilute it. I have experienced great results from using these products and so can you..

If you are looking for some of these good products that I mentioned, I suggest a few companies that you should look at. These are top quality all natural and organic products for natural healing at great prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment